The Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) might be invisible but its effects are so apparent everywhere you look. Businesses have shut down permanently, workers have been rendered jobless and hospitals are overwhelmed. Measures to prevent infection are simple: wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds as often as possible, maintain a distance of 1.5 meters between you and the nearest person at all times and if you can’t physically distance, wear a mask. Wearing a face mask reduces the risk of exposure to Covid-19 enormously.
Here are 5 reasons why you should wear a mask if you’re not doing it already.
- Masks hide your true identity. From enemies, friends, jaded lovers and Covid-19. A deadly virus currently looking for you.
- Between an extended quarantined stay at a hospital and the price of a face mask, we’re fairly confident a face mask will cost you way less.
- Masks hold back bad breath. Bad breath AND Covid-19. A deadly virus that stinks up your entire life.
- A mask would stop runaway spit from leaving the sender’s vicinity during a conversation. While we’re still on the spit issue, would we be going too far if we suggested that people who spit when they talk should continue wearing masks even after we’ve taken care of the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Wearing a face mask makes you look cool. Like a doctor. Or a comic book superhero. Buy one, get an extended lease on life.
- When harmful particles like dust and smoke try to compromise your health system, masks are like “no way Jose”. Deadly viruses like Covid-19, which has left nearly 1 million people dead across the world, won’t compromise your immunity either if you WEAR A MASK.
Learn more about Covid-19 and the importance of wearing a face mask on the World Health Organization website.